Redirecting

Redirecting

Thursday, June 27, 2013

J Diary Ep #4 - Ramen

Hey guys~

Another episode of J Diary is UP!!

And I'm sure most of you will like this one..


That's right!
It was ALL about Ramen guys ^o^

Watch the episode NOW



As usual, I think it takes time before
you can find your youtube videos on search engines..

So for this episode, we talked about
northern and southern style Ramens.
Types of food in Japan can vary when you go to
different areas of the country.

So the first Ramen shop we went was Japan's
southern style Ramen!
And to be more precise,
Kagoshima Prefecture Ramen


This was genuinely my first time at
Menya Sanji
and I really must say that their soup is AMAZING!
I have never seen or tasted a more milky and rich
ramen soup in Singapore!!



They use medium sized noodles,
which was just nice in my opinion cause their soup can be
quite filling by itself.


And you guys HAVE to try the Ramen I ate on the show ↑↑
Black Sesame Ramen

The name itself sounds cool right??
I didn't know black sesame would ever taste good with Ramen ^w^


And their char siew was nice and juicy~~
Who doesn't love a nice tasty char siew soaked in rich Ramen soup??


And here's Ramen shop number 2 we visited (^o^)/
Miharu

And they served Hokkaido Ramen
which is located north of Japan.

Miharu serves authentic Sapporo Ramen,
and their pretty famous for their 'Special Miso Ramen'

But the highlight of that place is their
Tsukemen 

Tsukemen is basically.. dipping noodles?


So like I explained in the show,
Tsukemen serves the noodles separately so
you just need to dip it in the 'sauce' to eat it ^o^

AND IT'S HEAVEN PEOPLE!!

I remember my DOP and producers trying it
and they were in awe man! Haha



So here's their signature
'Special Miso Ramenthat I mentioned earlier.



Looks good too right?

Now, here's some behind the scenes photos ^o^


Haha I just had to share this picture..
Manami-san's expression looks too cute here ↓↓



Nervous little me on set..
Being in front of the camera is not easy guys =.=



Haha cute photo after filming with Miharu's shop manager~

Big thank you to Kaori-san and Manami-san \(^o^)/
Thank you for being on J Diary~

And of course my crew for your hard work!!
It takes quite some time and effort for them to film
and edit one episode you know!


Click here to watch the previous episode!

6 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 28, 2013

    Hey Yukie! Loved the video! :) great as always!!
    Btw my mum is in Japan at the moment and I want her to get me some great pieces of clothing from there but I don't really know what brands to ask her to go to! Could you give me some suggestions? And also some snack suggestions? Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Hmm depends what type of fashion you like? If you like more cool or mode style stuff I think Shibuya is a good place, but if you like more street vibrant Harajuku style then Takeshita Street in Harajuku is interesting too ^o^ Snacks wise, OMG EVERYTHING IN THEIR CONVENIENT STORE ARE GOOD! Hahaha
      Enjoy~

      Delete
  2. mikan chanJune 29, 2013

    love this episode!!! keeps getting better ^-^ ganbate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm I wonder if there is any Kagoshima prefecture ramen shop in Tokyo. The goma ramen looks so delicious!! Really would like to try it out ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha im sure there is! You could check on the internet~
      Yup the goma ramen was gooood ^o^

      Delete